Data Privacy Notice
WLSEN needs public engagement to carry out our work. We maintain a contact list in order to get in touch with people to inform them about WLSEN activities. We also use our contact list in order to provide relevant information and signposting to relevant organisations. This contact may notify people about meetings, reports, consultations, training events, funding opportunities and other relevant information. This contact also allows people to receive our Newsletter.
Categories of Information
WLSEN will process personal information in relation to its contact list. This will include a name, organisation (if applicable), e-mail address and telephone contact numbers. It may also include a home or work address if contact if it has been provided by the data subject or if contact has been made by mail.
The legal basis for processing
Data protection law states that we must have a legal basis for handling personal data. The legal basis for holding your personal data for the WLSEN contact list is that it is necessary for:
- The performance of a contract with the data subject or to take steps to enter into a contract
- Processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation
- Processing is necessary to protect the vital interests of a data subject or another person
- Processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest
- Processing is necessary for the legitimate interests of the data controller or a third party, except where such interests are overridden by the interests, right or freedoms of the data subject
- Processing is necessary for carrying out obligations under employment, social security or social protection law, or a collective agreement
- Processing in necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims or where courts are acting in the judicial capacity
- Processing is necessary for reasons of preventative or occupational medicine, or for assessing the working capacity of an employee
- The task is to facilitate the support, promotion and development of social enterprise which is a core function of WLSEN. However, you are able to unsubscribe from the contact list at any point from which point we will cease to process your personal data.
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential and will be shared only with relevant parties with legitimate interest.
Data Processing and the retention of personal data
We keep your personal data for no longer than reasonably necessary to carry out our core function or to fulfil legal requirements.
Access to your information – You have the right to request a copy of the personal information about you that we hold.
Correcting your information – We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate, complete and up to date and you may ask to how we may use your information
Where we use your personal information to perform tasks based on legitimate interests then, if you ask us to we will stop using that personal information unless there are overriding legitimate grounds to continue.us to correct any personal information about you that you believe does not meet these standards.
Deletion of your information – You have the right to ask us to delete personal information about you where
- You consider that we no longer require the information for the purposes for which it was obtained
- You have validly objected to our use of your personal information
- Our use of your personal information is contrary to law or our other legal obligations
Restricting how we may use your information
The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction in placed on further processing.
Changes to our Data Privacy Notice
We keep this Data Privacy Notice under regular review and will place any updates on our website at www.wlsen.org.uk Paper copies are available on request to WLSEN, 10 Main Street, Fauldhouse, West Lothian, EH47 9HX. Telephone 01501 773659 e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org